Fundamentals of the Specialty Chemical Industry
Full-day Workshop | Tuesday, 24 March 2020
Time: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Aida Jebens, Director, Specialty Chemicals, IHS Markit
- Elvira Greiner, Research and Analysis Associate Director, IHS Markit
- Maoshi Guan, Director, Specialty Chemicals, IHS Markit
- Stefan Müller, Associate Director Research & Analysis, IHS Markit
- Vivien Yang, Executive Director, Specialties, IHS Markit
- Masahiro Yoneyama, Senior Director, Special Chemical Insight, IHS Markit
With the ongoing transformation of the chemical industry into commodity and specialty oriented enterprises, it is imperative to have a good understanding of key industry fundamentals of the specialty chemical industry. This workshop reviews these fundamentals, starting with the definition and differences of specialties versus commodities and fine chemicals, and how specialty chemicals impact our daily lives.
Other topics to be covered include key market players, market segmentation by functionality, application areas and regions, importance of a strong service component, and key factors to be successful in the specialty chemicals business. Especially important for industry newcomers is that our instructors will clarify the technical jargon commonly used in the specialty-chemical industry.
As illustration of the above scope topics, various specialty chemical sectors with their markets and players will be presented. Demand drivers in the different regions will be compared and their outlook discussed.
What Delegates will receive:
- Networking opportunities, including continental breakfast, lunch, and morning and afternoon breaks
- A printed color copy of the presentations in a workbook, which includes a glossary
- Certificates of course completion (upon request)