China Forum: Linking China and the World
Friday, 27 March 2020
8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Mark Eramo – Global Vice President, Midstream, Downstream and Chemicals, IHS Markit
The Rise of the Titans: Opportunities and Risks
China’s shifting macro policy change is spurring investments by the private sector in integrated mega-refining and petrochemical complexes. The rise of the private, independent refiners in China is fuelling a sharp increase in capacity and reshaping business dynamics in the industry.
Meanwhile, concerns over the US-China trade conflict have dampened business confidence amid a potential slowdown in global economic growth. Amid these challenges, opportunities abound for collaboration between China and the international community: Chinese companies continue to seek investment opportunities outside China, including India and Southeast Asia, while China remains a growth platform for international companies.
The China Forum at WPC will explore critical issues including:
- Where are the opportunities for growth and collaboration?
- How will the market in China and worldwide ensure profitable growth amid the unfettered capacity growth in the coming years?
- How will the international community operating in China manage the emerging new landscape in the country?
- Where are the investments on the global stage for Chinese companies seeking international growth opportunities?
Experts from Chinese and multinational companies, as well as IHS Markit, will bring clarity and actionable insights to companies that are directly or indirectly impacted by these developments.
Register today for WPC and take part in this critical dialogue at the China Forum.
Who should attend:
- Chinese companies looking for investment opportunity/feedstock/technology outside China
- Companies trying to have in-depth understanding on China market, growth opportunity, investment and government policy
- Companies looking for business growth opportunity between China and the US, and business partners