Friday, 22 March 2019
8:30 am – 12:30 pm
English/Chinese simultaneous translation will be offered for this program.
- Mark Eramo – Vice President, Global Business Development, Oil, Mid-Downstream and Chemical, IHS Markit
China at a Turning Point: Ready for a Leap Forward
China is at a turning point for revolutionizing its refining and chemical industry. The country is in the midst of transforming itself from the world’s factory floor for low-cost production to the leading technology and innovation market, and building integrated mega-refining and petrochemical complexes. The shifting macro policy change is expediting the change, which is paving the way for new private investments.
Despite strong margins that are supporting capacity additions, threats to the positive outlook loom: escalating trade protectionism rhetoric, geo-politics, rising energy costs, as well as the issue of pollution that has become too serious to ignore.
- What will these changes mean for chemical demand?
- Will China still need imports from other countries?
- What are the implications of the ongoing trade fraction between US and China, as well as volatile crude prices on the Chinese market?
The China Forum at WPC will address these critical issues and bring clarity and actionable insights to companies that are directly or indirectly impacted by these developments.
Who should attend:
- Chinese companies looking for investment opportunity/feedstock/technology outside China
- Companies trying to have in-depth understanding on China market, growth opportunity, investment and government policy
- Companies looking for business growth opportunity between China and the US, and business partners
Presented in partnership with: