In 2017, 1,232 delegates from more than 550 companies and 45 countries attended the World Petrochemical Conference
Partner with us at WPC
Make important connections and promote your brand, products, and services
Cresting the Wave: Prospering in an Extended Upcycle
2017 was the best year in a decade for global chemicals, cresting the wave of one of the longest upcycles on record.
Oil demand remains strong, yet prices are fluctuating at lower levels than in the past. Gas is readily available for global power needs, and for chemical production, thanks to shale technology developments. New regulations, new mobility trends will impact demand for refined products. Record M&A activity continues to re-shape the competitive landscape.
For the rest of the decade, the chemical industry rides the crest of the extended upcycle, approaching the peak by the turn of the next decade. However, new risks loom amidst the emergence of uncertainty in investment levels, new capacity startups, geopolitics and technological changes.
How will the industry stay ahead of the curve? Which value chains will fare best?
Find out from more than eighty speakers over four days sharing expert analysis and expert insight. Network with more than 1,200 attendees from around the world.
The World Petrochemical Conference & Workshops is the premier petrochemical industry event, providing unparalleled insight and critical analysis from across the supply chain – from the wellhead to retail.
World Petrochemical Conference 2018 at a glance:
- 60+ speakers from IHS Markit and across the global chemical industry
- Over 1,200 attendees from more than 40 countries
- 6 industry training workshops to provide a grounding in industry fundamentals
- 4 breakout session tracks to drill deeper into key industry sectors
- 4 Special Programs:
- Latin American Petrochemical Summit to target this important developing region
- Technology Seminar to highlight the latest in cutting edge technology affecting the petrochemical industry
- China Forum, a networking event hosted by IHS Markit and China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Federation (CPCIF) that will bring together speakers from major Chinese and North American companies and IHS Markit experts to address current market status and future growth
- NEW! Transportation and Logistics Summit, a full-day discussion of considerations, challenges, and opportunities relating to chemical trade and shipping
- A day of excursion on Monday, 19 March
- Countless networking opportunities with a key gathering of your industry peers