All attendees of the World Petrochemical Conference are required to adhere to the IHS Markit Code of Conduct for Conference and Events.
The Golden Age of Chemicals: A Question of Sustainability
The World Petrochemical Conference is the premier petrochemical industry event, providing unparalleled insight and critical analysis from across the supply chain — from the wellhead to retail.
The chemicals industry is in an extended period of boom time, thanks to strong demand, tight supply in some product chains, and low feedstock costs. However, looming economic, political and environmental risks could threaten the sustainability of this upcycle, as well as the industry in the longer term.
What must the industry do to ensure its viability?
The 34th Annual World Petrochemical Conference will explore the critical issues surrounding the chemical industry and strategies to successfully for a sustainable future:
- Trade – Rising trade tensions; Impact of China tariffs; Brexit
- Economic – Risk of recession in key consumer markets around the world
- Feedstocks – Volatile crude oil prices; shift to ethane
- Market – New capacity coming onstream and potential wave of new builds
- Circularity – Environmental sustainability and tackling the problem of plastics waste
World Petrochemical Conference 2019 at a glance:
- 60+ speakers from IHS Markit and across the petrochemical industry
- Over 1,500 attendees from 40 countries
- Five breakout tracks to drill more deeply into key industry sectors—now with an expanded full day of content focusing on refining and feedstocks
- In-depth training workshops to drill deeper into key industry sectors
- Five Special Programs:
- Latin American Petrochemical Summit
- Technology Seminar
- China Forum (Chinese/English simultaneous translation available)
- Transportation and Logistics Summit
- New! Sustainability Seminar
- Countless networking opportunities with a key gathering of your industry peers